We all dread our ‘Cleaning Days’, but what if there were ways to make these tasks so much simpler to complete? Read below for 5 quick and easy tips on knocking out your most tedious tasks!
1. Sneakers looking a little lackluster? Give them a quick brush with some everyday toothpaste to get them shining like new!
2. Cutting board looking a little “used?” Run a wedge of cut lemon slices on the cutting side of the board to get rid of some of stains and smells. The cut board will be left looking fresh and so clean!
3. Do your clothes have a few greasy stains on them? If so, no big deal, take some dish detergent and warm water right to the stain to fight even the toughest of grease stains! The dish soap is gentle enough to not damage your clothing.
4. Sponges collect SO MUCH BACTERIA! No worries though, give it good rinse with soap and wring out the remaining water. Afterwards, you will need to zap it in the microwave for no more than 1 minute and your sponge will be fully disinfected!
5. One thing many people over look is their shower liner, which can collect mold and mildew over time. Take it down and throw it in the wash with some towels. If you are able, Bleach will help clean it thoroughly leaving it looking brand new!
5 simple tips which should leave your apartment that much cleaner! Keep an eye out, we’ll be back soon with more!
The beauty in the month of May is not just the in the colorful changes that let you know Summer is right around the corner, but also all the eventful dates you get to add to your calendar this month. There are many occasions worth mentioning, but we have picked just a few of our favorites and here is why!
May Day! Celebrated on May 1st, varies depending on where you are located in the beautiful universe. No matter where you are, use this day to take a moment to smell the flowers and smile into the atmosphere.
Cinco de Mayo! Celebrated on May 5th, not to be confused with the celebration of Mexican Independence which is celebrated on May 16th. Cinco de Mayo has molded into a day filled with songs, dances, and family gatherings to celebrate the rich Hispanic culture.
National Teachers Day! Celebrated on May 8th, gives you the perfect opportunity to tell your teacher/professor how much of an impact they have made in your life. A teacher is an individual who gives their life to help enrich yours, tell them Thank You today!
Mother’s Day! Celebrated on May 13th this year, lands on the second Sunday of May each year. Use this day to celebrate your mom and all she has done to help you get to where you are today. Mother’s Day is not reserved for just one person, this is a day to celebrate any woman who has made an impact in your life in a motherly way.
Memorial Day! Celebrated on May 28th this year, is a day we dedicate to all of our service men & women who have given their lives to protect our freedom in this country. Most will celebrate this holiday by attending a parade or honoring and remembering those who have served, past and present.
Established in 1970, Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd focusing on “green” awareness and bringing attention to environmental issues around the world. Now coordinated by the Earth Day Network, events are held annually in more than 193 countries! Below you will find some ideas to inspire your own Earth Day celebrations and to help save the planet one bottle at a time!
How YOU can save the planet TODAY!
Ride your bike to school or work: Ditch the car! Get some exercise while saving the planet one ride at a time!
Plant a flower or a tree: Give back to our wonderful planet! Not only are you increasing the air quality but also providing food, protection, and a home to the animals and birds that we share this planet with!
Turn off you lights: Save a little on your electric bill while you are at it!
Recycle and Reuse: Set up a conveniently located container for recyclables in your apartment
Save on water: Buy a fun refillable water bottle that you enjoy sipping on!
Run Full Cycles: Make sure you washer and dishwasher are completely full before cleaning your clothes or dishes!
Reusable Grocery Bags: Decrease your usage of disposal plastic bags that can cause pollution! It is estimated that Americans use over 100 billion plastic bags a year!
Enjoy some time outside: Earth Day is also a great reminder of how beautiful and amazing our planet is. Enjoy it! =)